2/08/2011

Pro-Triathlete Profile: Jolene Wilkinson


Today we introduce you to another of our Team RWB Pro Ambassadors.  A member of the USAF Reserves, a coach, a triathlete with a long history in the sport (childhood to now!) that includes national and world championship titles, we introduce you to Jolene Wilkinson! 

Name:  Jolene Wilkinson
Nickname: Maverick, Jojo
Age: 37

Do you have a Twitter account where people can follow you? A blog? Facebook!
Significant other and kids? I have an amazing boyfriend, Miguel, who is very supportive.
When did you get into triathlon and why?  I have been racing since age 14 when I did an Ironkids race (yes it has been that long). I was an elite gymnast and when I quit, I was bored in my small town and needed something to do.
Do you have a favorite race?  Columbia Triathlon in Maryland-the course, the volunteers, money goes to charity, and a race director who is there for the athletes.
What is your best race memory? There are 2-winning my first junior national championship and winning my age-group world championships
When you reach the point of the race where you have to dig down deep, what do use as personal motivation?  All of the hard work and preparation I have put into it and trying to reach another level or goal.
What is your favorite leg of a triathlon and why?  I like all of them. Maybe the transitions-that is the only part I seem to have the best splits in anymore.
What is your favorite pre-race food?  Pasta and chicken the night before. I like the socializing at the pre-race pasta parties.
What is your favorite post-race food?  Anything at the finish line.  Pizza and ice cream can be a treat.
Besides triathlon, what do you do for fun?  Ski, kayak, paddleboard, camping, travel, spending time with my dogs and my boyfriend.
Why Team RWB and supporting the military?  It just fits so perfectly!

Significant Race History/Results:
Military worlds ad USAF athlete
2x USA Junior national champion
2X world age-group champion (both Olympic and long-course in one year)
Hawaii IM finisher
15th at world long-course championships for elite in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment