6/21/2011

Athlete Profile: Jordi Goodman

Hey Team RWB! Today we bring you a FIRED UP Team RWB triathlete--meet Jordi Goodman!! While fairly new to the sport, Jordi has jumped in with both feet.  Not only has he embraced long course racing, Jordi, along with some other fired up RWB athletes in Louisiana (Jon and Jason--the 3J's of LA) are working to establish a solid Team RWB presence throughout the state of LA.  To quote Jon, "We're going to paint Louisiana Red, White, and Blue!"  With Jordi spearheading the efforts in LA, and helping to establish a solid model for implementation across the US, we couldn't be more thankful and grateful for his support, leadership, and enthusiasm! Proud to have you on as a teammate, Jordi!

Name: Jordi Goodman
Nickname: WOUT         
2011 USAT Racing Age Group: 20-24
Occupation: Research Associate in Real Estate Development
Hometown:
Washington, DC; but currently in Louisiana
Jordi (L) and Jason (R) at a race in Louisiana

Why Triathlon? I love the way it makes me feel, and love being in the best shape of my life every day.  The speed is becoming a serious addiction, too.

Do you have a favorite race? Just starting out, so not yet!

What is your best race memory? Beating my time by five minutes in my first race, Mardi Gras Half Marathon

When you reach the point of the race where you have to dig down deep, what do use as personal motivation? My dad.  Amazing guy and endurance athlete, tough as nails.

What is your favorite leg of a triathlon and why? Running--I love the way your legs feel after getting off a long bike ride.  Spent, but still rolling.  It feels amazing.

What is your favorite race distance, and why? Half Iron, I love the challenge and am building up to full iron by 2012.

Besides triathlon, what do you do for fun? Spend time with my dog and play all kinds of sports.  I love to read, write, and travel!

Why Team RWB and supporting our military? I would love to do anything I can to help these amazing people, whether it'd be fundraising, volunteering my time, or promoting the team.  Our military affords us with amazing the opportunities we have every day, and since I love endurance sports and triathlon, this seemed like a great way to get back.  I think endurance sports are an amazing thing and are a great channel for veterans.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for our soldiers and veterans and will be forever indebted to them for the amazing contributions they make to our country.  Since endurance sports are a passion of mine, I thought Team RWB would be a good place to harness something I really love for myself into something productive for people who do so much for me.

Any other fun tidbits you’d like the team to know?  I'm new to tri but am a long time runner and am really getting addicted.  Going to be here for the long haul, it's an amazing thing and though I'm just a young aspiring Ironman triathlete, I am very committed to my training and really love it.

2011 Race Schedule: Mardi Gras Half Marathon (Done), Run on the Bayou 10k (done), Pelicanman Duathlon (Done), IM 70.3 New Orleans (Done), Berlin Marathon, IM 70.3 Miami, MS 150 Bike Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment